Can you evaluate unofficial transcripts?

The Registar's office will not evaluate unofficial transcripts. Students occasionally ask if they can bring in an unofficial transcript for us to "eyeball" so they can make a decision whether they are going to transfer. The answer to this is "no" because this is the worst way for a student to make a decision of this magnitude. You are never completely sure that courses will transfer into your chosen major until the official documents are evaluated and you meet with a faculty advisor to review your degree audit.


College transcripts must be received directly from those institutions. Photocopies, fax, and hand-carried college transcripts are not accepted.

The college Registrar should mail your official transcripts to:

Office of Admission
Shawnee State University
940 Second Street
Portsmouth Ohio 45662-4344

Page maintained by Marketing and Communications.