GEP Program Goals
Shawnee State's General Education Program is committed to:
- Providing you with an undergraduate education that includes competence in written communication, oral communication, scientific and quantitative reasoning, critical analysis and logical thinking.
- Providing you with a breadth of knowledge that goes beyond education for a specific discipline or profession.
- Providing you with a breadth of experience that includes knowledge and understanding of multicultural factors.
- Ensuring that you have the ability to reflect carefully upon ethical issues and can enter into reasoned dialogue about these issues.
- Preparing you to become an independent and continuing learner.
As part of our commitment to your success, Shawnee State University has adopted the goal of integrating information literacy and computer literacy into the courses included in the General Education Program.